The City of Evanston’s Youth and Young Adult Division, in partnership with the Chicago Urban League, are seeking candidates with a sincere desire to pursue a career in construction for an 11-week technical, hands-on training program.
The Chicago Urban League Transportation Construction Apprenticeship provides training focusing on highway construction trades and includes job referral services for program graduates.
Orientation for interested candidates will be held from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Monday, December 9, at the Morton Civic Center’s Parasol Room, 2100 Ridge Ave, Evanston. Registration is required. To reserve a spot, please contact Porschia Davis at email@example.com or 847-448-8049.
To be eligible, on the day of orientation candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Present a valid Illinois driver’s license
- Present a high school diploma, GED, or transcript showing completion of the 10th grade
- Pass a pre-training drug screening and all subsequent random drug screenings
- Pass a pre-training math test
Candidates will receive an application form that must be completed and returned to the Parks, Recreation, and Community Service Department at the Morton Civic Center by 4 p.m., Friday, December 13. Interviews are scheduled to take place the week of January 6, and the first cohort begins Monday, January 13.