Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Evanston condominium board members and owners are invited to a City of Evanston sponsored workshop: Condo Association and Board Training: 4 C’s for Effective Associations. The workshop will be held from to Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at the Levy Center,300 Dodge Avenue
Lakeside Community Development Corporation, a nonprofit housing agency, will present the workshop
The workshops will cover a range of topics, including:
- The Condo Declaration, By-laws, and the Illinois Condominium Property Act;
- Board responsibilities;
- Managing the developer turn over;
- Conducting effective meetings and resolving disputes;
- Budgeting, reserves, and maintenance planning;
- Dealing with foreclosures;
- Self-management vs. management companies;
- Responsibilities of owner/renters living in owned units;
- Building community.
Space is limited, so call the Planning Division at 847/866-2928 to reserve a place. The cost for the City sponsored workshop is $15 per condominium association. More than one person from a condominium may attend, but reservations are required.