The Evanston Public Library’s Reading Stop will be hosting an open house at Evanston Plaza–just south of Panino’s–on Tuesday, July 20 with Aldermen Lionel Jean-Baptiste and Delores Holmes along with a storytime and refreshments at 10 a.m. The Summer Reading Stop at Evanston Plaza runs between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Along with scheduled times at Fleetwood Jourdain and Robert Crown Centers, this Summer Reading Stop is a way to connect kids and reading during the summer. The summer reading game offers a fun way for kids to maintain and enhance their reading skills.
The Summer Reading Stop is a library outpost with books and magazines for kids of all ages and their parents. At the Reading Stop parents and children can:
- Sign up for the summer reading game and report progress and receive prizes for the time you spend reading. This year’s theme is “Make a Splash! Read!”
- Attend pre-school story time at 10:00 on Tuesdays. There will be more story times to come.
- Enjoy board games and do arts and crafts.
- Use computers.
- Take a book, bring it back and exchange it for another one.
- Just spend time reading at the Stop.
The Summer Reading Stops receive funding from the Library Board and support from Evanston Public Library Friends, community members and area businesses.
Summer Reading Stop Hours:
Evanston Plaza – Tues & Thurs 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Robert Crown Community Center, 1701 Main St., Mon Noon – 2 p.m. & Thurs 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St., Tues 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.