Since 1889, the Woman’s Club of Evanston (WCE) has had a proud history of helping support organizations that make a difference in the community. The mission of the club is to advance philanthropic, educational, cultural and humanitarian principles and activities, to assist organizations dedicated to such purposes and to offer opportunities for women to share common interests and concerns. In 2009, members of WCE donated more than 5,000 volunteer hours of direct service to the community and raised more than $120,000 for charitable causes.
Each year nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations in Evanston and surrounding communities are invited to submit grant applications to WCE. This year WCE is directing its resources to help strengthen and sustain organizations that are vital to the lives and well-being of individuals and families in Evanston and surrounding communities.
WCE is currently accepting applications for its 2010-2011grant cycle. All applications are due by November 1, 2010. For more information about how to apply please visit www.wcofe.org or call 847.475.3800.
About the Woman’s Club of Evanston:
The Woman’s Club of Evanston is a nonprofit organization dedicated to community service, philanthropic work and friendship. The WCE was founded in 1889, and its clubhouse opened in 1913. With over 400 members from Evanston, the North Shore and Chicago, the WCE raises funds and contributes volunteer hours to support local charities, primarily serving women and children. Last year, the WCE raised over $120,000 to support local organizations and contributed more than 5,000 volunteer hours.