Due to the recent blizzard, which dropped approximately 20 inches of snow on City streets and alleys, refuse and recycling collection will proceed as follows:
Residential Refuse Collection Schedule:
• Residential refuse collection will be suspended on Thursday, February 3rd.
• Regular Wednesday refuse pick up will occur on Friday, February 4th.
• Regular Thursday refuse pick up will occur on Saturday, February 5th.
• Regular refuse collection will resume on Monday, February 7th.
Residential Recycling Collection Schedule:
• The City will suspend residential recycling collection for the remainder of this week. Regular residential recycling collection will resume on Monday, February 7th.
Condo Refuse Collection Schedule:
• Tuesday and Wednesday condo refuse collection occurred on Tuesday, February 1st.
• Thursday and Friday condo refuse collection will occur on Saturday, February 5th.
Condo Recycling Collection Schedule:
• Friday’s condo recycling collection will occur on Monday, February 7th.
Please contact Public Works at 847/866-2940 with questions.
As a reminder, alternate parking for snow plowing begins with tonight’s Snow Route Parking Ban and continues Thursday February 3rd and Friday, February 4th as Snow Emergency parking regulations go into effect.
Please note that residents and neighbors near St. Francis Hospital, located at 355 Ridge Ave, can park their vehicles on the top floor of the hospital parking garage for the night, for free. Please note that vehicles must be out of the garage by 8 a.m. on Thursday, February 3rd.
Also, residents and neighbors near the following Evanston/Skokie District 65 school buildings:
• Oakton school
• King Lab
• District 65 Administration Building
can park in school parking lots from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 3rd only. Vehicles must be parked by 9 a.m. on Thursday.