Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
The City of Evanston is changing the way it does business with the official launch of its 3-1-1 Call Center on Tuesday, March 1, 2011. The 3-1-1 Center, the fourth such system in the State of Illinois, will be a one-stop-shop for all non-emergency questions and requests for city services. Residents will simply have to dial 3-1-1 or go online at www.cityofevanston.org/311 for city services.
The City of Evanston’s 311 Initiative which includes a call center and an online citizen support center will go live on March 1, 2011. The goal of this initiative is to improve customer service City-wide by:
- Providing a simple to remember phone number for all non-emergency City services.
• Providing 24/7 access to city information through a web portal that will allow citizens to submit requests for service, ask questions, and track the status of their open requests.
• Utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology to address information and service requests in a more efficient and effective manner.
• Improving accessibility of City services to all constituents via phone and internet.
• Providing exceptional customer service to all residents, businesses and visitors.
• Improving staff accountability in providing non-emergency services to constituents.