There will be a bulk trash pick-up this Friday, September 23rd for residents who are on the Tuesday refuse routes. The City of Evanston Streets and Sanitation Division offers the FREE removal of six cubic yards of bulk garbage twice per year.
All trash must be out by 7 a.m.; City crews will not return for late set outs. If crews are unable to complete routes on Fridays, collection will continue on Saturdays.
Residents with larger debris removal needs can call 311 or 847-448-4311 to request a special pick-up. This alternative involves a charge.
Bulk trash must meet the following guidelines:
- Be less than six cubic yards per household. Six cubic yards is roughly equivalent to two couches or four chairs or one mattress and box spring, OR 25 medium garbage bags. Quantities that exceed six cubic yards will be tagged for a special pick-up and a fee will be assessed.
- Be placed out in an orderly fashion, i.e. bagged, contained or bundled, no loose garbage
- Crews cannot go on private property.
- Absolutely no hazardous materials will be collected, including batteries, gas, oil, asbestos, medical wastes, paint, etc.
- Glass should be broken up, boxed, taped and labeled as glass.
- Must be placed on the alley line or parkway. Crews will not remove items from private property.
- Absolutely no construction material will be picked up.
- No tires or appliances will be picked up. Please call 311 or (847) 448-4311 to arrange for the free removal of these items.
- Crews will only remove bulk items; no garbage carts will be emptied.