Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
The City of Evanston invites local shutterbugs, professional and amateur photographers alike to help capture the beauty of Evanston across all spectrums on a fall day. The fall session of “Day in the Life of Evanston: A Photo Story” will be held on October 22 from 12 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The city, in launching the “Day in the Life of Evanston” program in hopes of capturing Evanston through the seasons by holding a quarterly “photo day.” Photographers of all ages and expertise levels can share their vision of Evanston as seen through the lens of their camera. Be it a little league game or a trip to the farmers’ market, we want to see your interpretation of what it means to live in Evanston.
All submitted photos will be posted on the City of Evanston’s website and 32 photos will be selected to be part of our “Day in the Life of Evanston” printed photo book which will be produced quarterly and made available for purchase.
Digital photos must be submitted via email to email@example.com and contain the photographer’s name so proper credit can be given along with a description or caption of the photo. Printed photos will not be accepted. Deadline for submission is October 31, 2011. Questions regarding the contest can also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules & Copyright:
- The City of Evanston reserves the right to decline publishing any submitted photos for any reason.
- The photos must be taken by you and must be of something within the City of Evanston.
- All rights to the photos are shared between the City of Evanston and the originating photographer. Photographs may not be used by other individuals, organizations or businesses without the consent of the city or the originating photographer.
Upon photo submission, photographers:
- Automatically permit the city to use the photos on the city’s web site and in the city photo book publication.
- Automatically agree that they have obtained all permissions necessary from any identifiable people in the photos to publish the photos on the city’s web site and city photo book publication.