Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
The City of Evanston and the Interfaith Housing Center of the Northern Suburbs will be holding an educational meeting on January 24 to help educate Evanston residents on their rights and responsibilities under the Evanston Landlord Tenant Ordinance.
The meeting will be held from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in Room 2402 of the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center located at 2100 Ridge Ave. This meeting is open to all Evanston residents.
At this meeting, tenants will:
- Learn about your rights and responsibilities as a tenant under the Evanston Landlord Tenant Ordinance.
- Learn how to effectively work with your landlord to create a better living environment.
- Learn how to request repairs.
- Learn about heat rules.
- Learn security deposits rules.
- Receive answers to your questions from a tenant expert.