Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
How can Evanston reframe the recycling paradigm? What does it mean to be “Zero Waste?” Area residents are invited to join Citizens’ Greener Evanston, Keep Evanston Beautiful and the City of Evanston for their “January Green Drinks Event” to learn about the challenges the community faces as they navigate a culture of disposables and waste. Participants will also be able to interact with a panel of local experts to brainstorm positive solutions to waste issues.
Speakers will include:
- Chris Hart, CGE, 10,000 Neighbors of Evanston, Campaign Initiator
- Mary S. Allen, Recycling and Education Director, Solid Waste Agency of Northern Cook County
- Erlene Howard, Owner, Collective Resource
- Julie Cahillane, Manager of Recycling & Refuse, Northwestern University
- Dick Peach, Keep Evanston Beautiful
This event will be held 7 to 10 p.m. on Tuesday, January 10 at the Firehouse Grill, 750 Chicago Ave. in Evanston.