Evanston Township High School (ETHS) District 202 invites community organizations and individuals to participate in Community Conversations beginning in March 2012. Participants will discuss questions that are important to the success of ETHS students. Dr. Eric Witherspoon, District 202 Superintendent, will host these conversations at various community locations during the remainder of the school year.
The goal of ETHS’s Community Conversations is to involve the broadest possible representation of community members from all areas of the Evanston/Skokie school district served by ETHS. The conversations are an important part of the high school’s efforts to help more students reach their future goals.
Results of the conversations will be used to: further refine understanding of the issues; build awareness for efforts already in place and for developing new programs; and forge new community relationships and strengthen existing partnerships.
ETHS Community Conversations are free and open to the public. The first series of Community Conversations will be held in Evanston places of worship:
- Tuesday, March 13, 7:00-8:30pm, Beth Emet The Free Synagogue, 1224 Dempster St., Evanston, IL 60202
- Wednesday, March 14, 7:00-8:30pm, St. Nicholas Church, 806 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60202
- Thursday, March 15, 5:45-7:30pm, Second Baptist Church, 1717 Benson Ave., Evanston, IL 60201
- Wednesday, March 21, 7:00-8:30pm, Unity on the North Shore, 3434 Central St., Evanston, IL 60201
- Tuesday, March 27, 7:00-8:30pm, First United Methodist Church, 516 Church St., Evanston, IL 60201
A Spanish language session will be hosted at the St. Nicholas Church venue. Free childcare services will be provided at each venue. Registration is required. Interested parents can RSVP by calling 847-242-7515 or by completing an online request form on the ETHS website.