The Mayor’s Summer Youth Employment Program will conduct community outreach sessions from March 16 through April 13, 2012. The City of Evanston’s Youth Job Fair will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 21 at the Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston. This program is geared to Evanston youth age 14-18.
The community outreach sessions will allow teens and family members to view job listings, ask questions about the program, and complete job applications at their convenience. Job applications also are available online at www.cityofevanston.org/youth and will be available at the job fair. In order to be eligible to attend the job fair, youth must be enrolled in school and be at least 14 years of age when the Youth Employment Program begins in mid-June 2012.
Outreach sessions for students will be held from 11:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on Friday, March 16 at Evanston Township High School, 1600 Dodge Ave., in five locations: the Beardsley, Michael and Boltwood lunch rooms; in front of the Superintendent’s office; and by door 31.
Community information/outreach sessions also will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in five locations:
• Monday, April 9 at Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center (1655 Foster St.)
• Tuesday, April 10 at Robert Crown Community Center (1701 Main St.)
• Wednesday, April 11 at Levy Senior Center (300 Dodge Ave.)
• Thursday, April 12 at Chandler-Newberger Center (1028 Central St.)
• Friday, April 13 at Evanston Ecology Center (2024 McCormick Blvd.).