The Evanston150 Steering Committee will host a special meeting from 7 to 9 p.m. on June 7 in the Parasol Room of the Morton Civic Center at 2100 Ridge Ave. Community members will learn how to apply to serve on groups tasked to organize Evanston’s anniversary celebration year, and will hear updates from the 10 Idea Committees.
The 10 Evanston 150 Ideas are
• Edible Evanston – sustainable local food sources
• Green and Clean – make Evanston one of the greenest cities in the U.S.
• Here’s to Our Health – a community health center
• Learn to Work and Work to Learn – a vocational co-op technical school
• Little and Learning – universal preschool
• A Market for All Seasons – a year-round farmers’ market
• The More You Know – neighborhood literacy centers with free WiFi
• Teen Town – a world-class youth development center
• Walk ‘N’ Roll – improved safety and enjoyment for pedestrians and bicyclists
• Water, Water Everywhere – enhanced water recreation and every child learning to swim
More details can be found at www.evanston150.org.