Enjoy an afternoon in the park with free food, games, activities and entertainment!
The 2012 CommUNITY Picnic will take place from noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 26 in Ingraham Park, located west of the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Avenue.
Admission is free. Bring the whole family for hours of entertainment, fun activities, free food and giveaways!
• Expressions of Michael Jackson at 12:00 p.m.
• Gospel singing at 12:30 p.m.
• Blues by David “Chainsaw” Dupont at 12:45 p.m.
• Magic/Juggling by Dave Fleming at 1:30 p.m.
• Janet and the Beanstalk play at 2:15 p.m.
• Illinois Battle Cats at 2:30 p.m.
• Blues by Dave Hoffheimer Band at 2:30 p.m.
• Jesse White Tumblers at about 3:00 p.m.
• Serendipity Band at about 3:30 p.m. (time varies based on Jesse White Tumblers arrival)
Activities and ongoing fun
• Tony Wright Balloonist
• Face painting, tattoos
• Critters from the Ecology Center
• Library games
• Recycling crafts
• Mural Painting
• Dunk tank
• 3 on 3 basketball tourney
• Chicago Mounted Police
• Stiltwalker from The Actors Gymnasium
• Willie the Wildcat
• The Super Colon exhibit
• Safety House and Evanston’s fire trucks
• CrossFit (agility testing with NU sports team players)