If you are not already registered to vote, you must do so before Oct. 9, 2012 in order to vote in the Presidential Election on November 6, 2012. If you have moved or changed your name since you last registered to vote, check the website of the Cook County Clerk to determine if you must re-register.
In order to register a person must be:
- 18 years old by November 6, 2012,
- a citizen of the United States on the day of registration,
- actually reside at the address listed on the registration card, and
- provide two pieces of identification when registering.
Acceptable pieces of Identification, one of which must contain a current address, are listed below:
- Illinois Driver’s License or Illinois State ID,
- Utility bill in the applicant’s name or mail postmarked to the applicant at the current address,
- A credit card,
- Employee or student ID,
- Valid USA Passport; Public Aid ID card; Social Security Card; or,
- Birth certificate
Residents may register at the City Clerk’s Office in the Evanston Civic Center on Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Deputy Registrars from the League of Women Voters have scheduled dates at other locations as well:
- Evanston Main Public Library: 9 am-4pm on Saturday, September 15 & 29, and noon to 4 pm Sunday, October 7.
- Before the movie “Patriocracy” showing at Evanston Public Library 6:30 pm, Tuesday, September 18.
Registration schedules have also been set at The Mather, North Shore Hotel and Three Crowns.
LWV Registrars may also be available by appointment for registration for shut-ins or at business, organizational, or group events. Please call Jessica Feldman, 847-864-2199 to make an appointment.