The City will offer the free removal of six cubic yards of bulk garbage this fall on designated Fridays according to normally scheduled trash days. Residents must observe the following guidelines:
• Items must be less than six cubic yards per household, which is roughly equivalent to two couches, four chairs, one mattress and box spring, or 25 medium garbage bags. Quantities that exceed six cubic yards will be tagged as special pick-ups and a fee will be assessed.
• Items must be placed out in an orderly fashion
• Absolutely no hazardous materials will be collected, including batteries, gas, oil, asbestos, medical waste, paint, etc. Glass should be broken up, boxed, taped and labeled as glass.
• Bulk trash must be placed out by 7 a.m. on the alley line or parkway. Crews will not remove items from private property nor return for late set-outs.
• Absolutely no construction materials will be picked up.
• No tires or appliances will be collected.
• Crews will only remove bulk items; no garbage carts will be emptied.
If crews are unable to complete routes on Fridays, collections will continue on Saturdays. Residents with larger debris removal needs must call 3-1-1 to request a special pickup for a fee.
2012 Bulk Trash Pickup ScheduleRegular Bulk
Trash Day Trash Day
Wednesday Sept. 28
Thursday Oct. 5
Monday Oct. 12
Tuesday Oct. 19