Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
The City of Evanston’s Public Works Department announces the Seventh Annual Paint Evanston Plows (P.E.P) Contest. The contest is the city’s effort to promote awareness of the upcoming snow season and celebrate a “green” theme by inviting private and public Evanston schools to paint a mural on the city’s plow blades.
In celebration of the city’s new protected bike lane and the initiation of the Mayor’s teen fitness program, B.F.Fs (Biking Fitness for Females), this year’s theme is “Biking, a Pollution Solution.”
The schedule of events is as follows:
- October 1: All participating school must be signed up by this date.
- October 2-3: Snowplows, paint and supplies will be delivered to the participating schools.
- October 24-26: Completed snowplows will be picked up from each participating school.
- October 29-November 4: Snowplows will be displayed in front of the Morton Civic Center and voting will be available to the community on the city’s website.
- November 12: The painted plow blades will be presented and awards given out at the Administration and Public Works Committee Meeting.
Please call the Public Works Department at 847/866-2950 or email email@example.com to sign up. The program is limited to the first ten schools to sign up.