Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!

At 1:45 a.m. on Sept. 14, the Evanston Fire Department responded to a fire at 2111 Emerson, a two-flat with basement occupancy, said Fire Chief Greg Klaiber. The fire was confined to the room of origin (living room/dining room area) of the first floor unit, he said. Red Cross was notified to assist with temporary displacement of occupants due to smoke and water damage, said Chief Klaiber.

At 03:05 a.m., Ambulance 21 transported one occupant of the unit that burned to Evanston Hospital for evaluation due to smoke inhalation.  No other occupants of the building were treated or transported to the hospital, said Chief Klaiber.