Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Evanston residents are invited to participate in several upcoming community meetings to learn more about the City’s Bike Plan Update and provide their input on related projects, including a proposed protected bike lane along Chicago Ave., from Davis St. to Sheridan Rd.
Staff from the City’s Public Works Department and the City Manager’s Office will be on hand at each of the following meetings to answer questions, provide details, and gather feedback on bicycle transportation improvements:
- 7th Ward Meeting – Thursday, Aug. 28, 7 p.m., Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd.
- 1st Ward Meeting – Tuesday, Sept. 2, 7 p.m., Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave.
- Joint 4th and 9th Ward Meeting – Wednesday, Sept. 10, 7 p.m., Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave.
- 2nd Ward Meeting – Thursday, Sept. 11, 7 p.m., J.E.H. Education Center/School District 65, 1500 McDaniel Ave.
- Special City Council Meeting – Monday, Sept. 29, 7 p.m., Council Chambers, 2100 Ridge Ave.
The September 29 City Council Meeting will focus solely on bicycle transportation in Evanston. Discussion will include the proposed Chicago/Sheridan Bike Lane Project and the City’s overall Bike Plan Update.
The Evanston Bike Plan Update builds on the City’s efforts to upgrade and expand the network to make bicycling safer and attract more riders in Evanston. The updated plan provides recommendations for new projects, policies, and programs that reflect the community’s needs and desires to further promote bicycling. Community members can view the plan and related documents at www.cityofevanston.org/public-works/bikeability.
Comments, questions and ideas about bicycle transportation improvements in Evanston can be emailed to email@example.com. Follow @GreenEvanston on Twitter to stay informed about projects, meetings and more.
For more information about the public meetings, please call/text 847-448-4311.