The City of Evanston is starting the budget process for the 2015 Fiscal Year, which begins on January 1, 2015. Similar to past years, the City is launching a public outreach effort in an effort to engage Evanston residents and solicit their ideas, comments and suggestions relative to the annual budget process. This effort is a continuation of the City’s “Engage Evanston” initiative, which is an ongoing effort to encourage an open dialogue with residents pertaining to all issues facing the City.
The City will focus its community engagement efforts for the period of September 4-12, 2014. During this period, Evanston residents are encouraged to submit budget-related ideas to City staff through the following communication channels:
• At Evanston Streets Alive!, City of Evanston booth, Main Street, just west of Chicago Avenue, on Sunday, September 7 from 1-6 p.m.
• At the Community Budget Meeting on Wednesday, September 10 at 7 p.m., Morton Civic Center, City Council Chambers, 2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston.
• On the web: EngageEvanston.org
• By mail: City Manager’s Office, 2100 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201
• By email: email@example.com
• By calling or texting: 847-448-4311
• On Facebook
• On Twitter