Residents can tidy their homes from the closet to the curb this October with the help of the City of Evanston’s bulk trash pick-up program.
The City’s Streets and Sanitation Division offers residents the free removal of up to six cubic yards of bulk garbage this fall on a designated Friday based on their normally scheduled trash day.
See below for this season’s schedule:
In order to participate, residents must follow the guidelines listed below:
- All trash must be out by 7 a.m.; City crews will not return for late set outs.
- Items must be less than six cubic yards per household, which is roughly equivalent to two couches, four chairs, one mattress and box spring,OR25 medium garbage bags.
- Items must be placed outside in an orderly fashion. (For example, bagged, contained or bundled. No loose garbage.)
- Absolutely no hazardous materials, construction materials, electronics, tires or appliances will be collected.
- Crews will only remove bulk items; no garbage carts will be emptied.
If City crews are unable to complete routes on Friday, collection will continue on Saturday.
Residents with larger debris removal must call/text 847-448-4311 to request a special pick-up. Residents will be charged for special pick-ups.
For more information on the City’s bulk trash program, please visit cityofevanston.org/bulktrash.