Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Residents can tidy their homes from the closet to the curb this October with the help of the City of Evanston’s bulk trash pick-up program.
The City’s Streets and Sanitation Division offers residents the free removal of up to six cubic yards of bulk garbage this fall on a designated Friday based on their normally scheduled trash day.
See below for this season’s schedule:
In order to participate, residents must follow the guidelines listed below:
- All trash must be out by 7 a.m.; City crews will not return for late set outs.
- Items must be less than six cubic yards per household, which is roughly equivalent to two couches, four chairs, one mattress and box spring,OR25 medium garbage bags.
- Items must be placed outside in an orderly fashion. (For example, bagged, contained or bundled. No loose garbage.)
- Absolutely no hazardous materials, construction materials, electronics, tires or appliances will be collected.
- Crews will only remove bulk items; no garbage carts will be emptied.
If City crews are unable to complete routes on Friday, collection will continue on Saturday.
Residents with larger debris removal must call/text 847-448-4311 to request a special pick-up. Residents will be charged for special pick-ups.
For more information on the City’s bulk trash program, please visit cityofevanston.org/bulktrash.