Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Construction activities for the Emerson/Ridge/Green Bay Corridor Project will increase significantly in the coming weeks with the addition of more crews by the contractor. To date, crews have completed storm sewer work on the west side of Green Bay Road, from Simpson Street to McCormick Boulevard. Existing traffic signals have been removed and temporary signals have been installed so that intersection improvements can begin. Existing medians on Green Bay Road have been removed to provide temporary lanes for the reconstruction of Green Bay Road south of Emerson Street. Water main work on Green Bay Road continues.
Construction activities occurring in the next three to four weeks include:
- Removal and replacement of curbs and gutters on the west side of Green Bay Road, from Simpson Street to McCormick Boulevard
- Installation of traffic signal foundations and electrical ducts
- Water service transfer to the new main on Green Bay Road, from Simpson to Noyes Streets
- New water main installation on Green Bay Road south of Simpson Street and on Asbury Avenue to Emerson Street
- Storm sewer installation at the intersection of Emerson/Ridge/Green Bay, including on the west side of Green Bay Road south of Simpson Street
- Water main installation on Emerson Street east of Green Bay Road and on Ridge Avenue north of Emerson Street
During construction, one lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained on Emerson Street, Ridge Avenue and Green Bay Road. The actual date when construction is planned will be noted on the temporary “No Parking” signs posted 48 hours prior to the start of the work. Construction activities will create some inconveniences for the abutting businesses and residents, but workers will attempt to minimize these issues. The street cleaning and/or neighborhood parking restrictions will be waived for a one-block radius around the construction zone.
The contractor for this streetscape project is A. Lamp Concrete Contractors, Inc., located at 1900 Wright Blvd., Schaumburg, IL.
The City has retained ESI Consultants, Ltd. to monitor the project. If you have any questions or concerns during construction, please contact Resident Engineer Dave Doffin at 630-918-4113. Questions in general about the Emerson, Ridge and Green Bay Corridor project should be directed to Sat Nagar, P.E., Senior Project Manager at 3-1-1 or 847-448-4311.