The Evanston Fire and Police Departments will hold a memorial ceremony to honor the brave men and women who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. The City will also recognize the brave men and women of the U. S. Armed Forces who have lost their lives, as well as honor those who continue to fight the war on terror.
The memorial service will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 11, 2016, at Firemen’s Park, located at the corner of Simpson St. and Maple Ave. in Evanston.
The Public is invited to attend. Parking will be limited.
This will be a brief ceremony of remembrance. The presenters will be:
- Police and Fire Honor Guards, Posting of Colors
“Scotland the Brave”, AFFI District 8 Pipes & Drums
- Introductions, Fire Chief Greg Klaiber
- Invocation, Fire Chaplain David Jones
- Honorable Robyn Gabel, 18th District State Representative
- Honorable Larry Suffredin, Cook County Board Commissioner
- Honorable Daniel Biss, 9th District State Senator
- Moment of Silence…The South Tower of the World Trade Center Collapses
- Honorable Elizabeth Tisdahl, Mayor, City of Evanston
- Mark Shore, 9/11 Survivor, South Tower
- Fire Chief Greg Klaiber
- Police Chief Richard Eddington
- Police and Fire Honor Guards, Bell Ceremony