On Oct. 4, at 2:47 p.m., Evanston fire companies responded to the 2000 block of Greenwood Street after receiving a call that there was a house fire on that block. First arriving fire companies reported smoke coming from the chimney of a two-story frame, single family house. The alarm was upgraded to a Code 4. Fire companies located and extinguished the fire which was located in the second floor bedroom. The alarm was struck at 3:15 p.m.

The residents were at home and reported the fire. They were able to safely exit the house and will be displaced due to fire damage. The Red Cross was notified and will assist as needed. No injuries were reported.