Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Staff from the Greater Chicago Food Depository will be on hand to help individuals and families apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits between 4 and 7 p.m. on Dec. 15 in the Newberry Room of the Main Library, 1703 Orrington Ave.
Anyone interested in making an application should bring the following items:
• ID (driver’s license or birth certificate)
• Social Security cards for everyone in household
• Pay stubs, Social Security statement, SSI statement or other proof of income from past 30 days
• Proof of medical expenses from the last 30 days for anyone blind, disabled or over 60
• Court ordered child support statement, if applicable
• Mortgage statements, property taxes and/or homeowners insurance, if applicable
• Any letters received from DHS and the LINK card, if applicable