School District 65 is hosting a series of events for families of incoming kindergarten students. Children must be five years-old on or before Sept. 1 to register for kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. District 65 is asking families to save the date for the following special events to learn more about the kindergarten experience.
Kindergarten Open House Dates
• Jan. 31 – at each attendance area schools (school directory online at district65.net/schooldirectory)
• Feb. 1 – at Dr. Bessie Rhodes School of Global Studies, magnet school (3701 Davis St., Skokie)
• Feb. 2 – at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Literary & Fine Arts School magnet school (2424 Lake St., Evanston)
All kindergarten open houses will begin at 7 p.m. Applications for magnet schools and programs are available from Jan. 31 through Aug. 9 for the 2017-2018 school year. The application process is open only to registered students living within the District 65 attendance boundaries.
Kindergarten Information Nights
• Feb. 22 – Kindergarten Information Night
• Feb. 23 – Kindergarten Information Night
Kindergarten Information Nights will be held at the JEH Education Center (1500 McDaniel Ave.) from 6 to 8 p.m. Both nights will be open to incoming kindergarten families from across the District. With no set agenda or presentation, families may attend at any point throughout the evening to learn more about District programs and services, ask questions, and receive assistance in beginning the registration process. There will be information available on magnet schools and programs, health requirements, school-age childcare program, bilingual programs, school PTAs, nutrition services, transportation, and more.
• March 7 – Incoming Dawes, Oakton, and Walker students
• March 8 – Incoming Kingsley, Lincolnwood, Orrington, and Willard students.
• March 9 – Incoming Dewey, Lincoln, and Washington students
• March 10 – Make-up date for all schools
Kindergarten registration will be held at the JEH Education Center from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 7-9, and from 7 a.m.-11 a.m. on March 10. Families can register on any of the above dates but are encouraged to register on the date specified for their school. Families interested in magnet schools, magnet programs, and permissive transfers must register for their attendance-area school.
Attendance-area maps are available on the District 65 website at district65.net/attendancemaps. For more information about the kindergarten registration process, visit district65.net/kindergarten, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 847-859-8065.