Chessmen Scholarship Application Deadline is NEXT WEEK!
The Chessmen Club awards scholarships to students who embody the Chessmen’s values of having a good work ethic, helping others, giving back to the community, and striving to serve as positive role models.
Every year our club provides scholarships to a minimum of ten students with awards averaging between $500 – $1500 each. A select group of applicants will be interviewed before final selections are made and announced on May 22, 2017.
Scholarships are awarded based on the overall character of each applicant. Factors that will be taken into consideration include:
* Involvement in Community Service
* Involvement in extracurricular activities (i.e., Theater, Sports, Music, etc.)
* Examples of the applicants’ ability to overcome or effectively manage difficult situations and circumstances in their lives, if applicable
* G.P.A. (high achievement and/or demonstrated growth)
* Evanston resident/student or connected to the Evanston Community (i.e., church, relative, etc.)
Please forward questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Committee Chair