Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
In advance of the March 20 Republican Primary, the Evanston Township Republican Organization announced its endorsements across the ticket. “We’re proud to support such an outstanding slate of Republican candidates who will push hard for conservative principles on behalf of Illinoisans,” said Evanston Township GOP Committeeman Blair Garber.
Committeeman Garber added, “Illinoisans agree that Mike Madigan’s reign of terror must come to an end. We need candidates who will stand up to the Madigan Machine and politics as usual. These men and women will be effective and tough citizen legislators. It’s high time we had some leaders with a backbone in Springfield.”
The Evanston Township GOP’s endorsements are as follows:
• Governor & Lieutenant Governor Bruce Rauner & Evelyn Sanguinetti are the incumbent governor and lieutenant governor of Illinois.
• Congress (9th Congressional District)
Sargis Sangari is an Army lieutenant colonel (Ret.) who heads the Near East Center for Strategic Engagement.
• State Representative (18th House District) Julie Cho is an operations consultant, mother of three, and a University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
• Attorney General Erika Harold is an attorney from Urbana and a Harvard Law Graduate. Ms. Harold was Miss Illinois 2002 and Miss America 2003.
• State Representative (17th House District) Peter Lee is an attorney, businessman, and former VP of the Korean American Association.
The Evanston Township GOP is the regular Republican Party organization for the city of Evanston. Its mission is to educate voters and support candidates who believe in the Republican principles of limited government, individual liberty, and fiscal responsibility.
Candidates Forum for 17th District State Rep
Central Street Neighbors Association will host the primary election candidates for State Representative in the 17th District at a forum for residents of the Central Street community at 7 p.m. on Feb. 8, at Three Crowns Park in the Multipurpose Room. Three Crowns is located at 2323 McDaniel Ave. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
There are five Democrats and one Republican vying for the seat now held by Rep Laura Fine, who has announced her candidacy for State Senate. The Democrat candidates, Candance Chow, Pete Dagher, Alexandra Eidenberg, Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz, and Mary Rita Luecke, have all have confirmed their attendance. The Republican candidate is Peter Lee.