Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
On June 9 Evanston Police will partner with Moms Demand Action of Evanston to give citizens an opportunity to turn in their guns cash with a Gun Buyback from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Christ Temple MB Church, located in the 1700 block of Simpson Street.
The following are “need to know” details about the Gun Buyback.
- Guns must be unloaded and operational.
- Guns must complete and functional.
- Weapons should be transported in a case, bag, box, or other supporting item or in the trunk of a vehicle.
- Any person turning in a gun must have an ID and be a resident of Evanston, Skokie or the north side of Chicago.
- The buyback will be conducted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- This is an amnesty-based program; no arrests will be made.
- The payment for accepted guns is $100 cash.
Anyone with questions can call 311
This Gun Buyback is an opportunity for those at risk to surrender their firearms and make a positive step towards turning away from criminal activity. It is also gives citizens a way to turn in unwanted firearms so they are not at risk for being stolen or misused.