- The Illinois General Assembly passed a budget yesterday.
- Illinois became the 37th state to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (also yesterday).
- There is a retirement ceremony at Washington Elementary School, 914 Ashland Ave., for five teachers in the Big Gym 3:45-5 p.m.
- Yesterday’s Lake temperatures were 63 degrees at the Chicago shore and 54 degrees at the Chicago crib.
- It’s World Milk Day. Last year World Milk Day took place over 42 hours around the world with 588 events in 80 countries. The Day started on June 1 with dairy farmers raising their glass of milk at sunrise in New Zealand and ended with the sunset in Hawaii.