Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Good Morning, Evanston
It’s going to be another hot one, with a high of 95 predicted. Cooling centers will be open, some as early as 7 a.m.
City Council will discuss a proposal from Evanston Lighthouse Dunes to pay for the demolition of the Harley Clarke mansion. 6 p.m.
Cooling center schedules for today:
- Chandler-Newberger Center, 1028 Central St.,9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St., 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Ave., 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Robert Crown Center, 1701 Main St., 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Main Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave., 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- North Branch Library, 2026 Central St., 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Chicago Ave./Main St. Branch Library, 900 Chicago Ave., 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The temperature of Lake Michigan yesterday was 66 at the Chicago Shore, 57 at the Chicago cdrib and 64 at the Wilmette buoy.