It’s Aug. 7, the 219th day of the year; 146 days remain in 2018. The National Weather Service reports that yesterday’s Lake Michigan temperatures were 78 at the Chicago shore, 72 at the Chicago crib and 73 at the Wilmette buoy.
The City Council’s Rules Committee settled on allowing speakers present at a meeting to cede time to another speaker, who would be able to speak no more than three minutes in toto.
National Night Out celebrations all over Evanston.
Registered 2018 NNO locations and events are as follows:
- Evanston Public Library, 1703 Orrington Ave., 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Craft activities will take place outside the Church Street entrance
- Evanston Animal Shelter, 2310 Oakton St., 6:15 p.m. – Residents will gather for activities and refreshments.
- Twiggs Park, Dodge Avenue at Simpson Street, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. – 5th Ward Alderman Robin Rue Simmons and 7th Ward Alderman Eleanor Revelle are co-hosting an event with local DJs, the Let’s Play Mobile Trailer, and food.
- Kamen Park, 908 Seward St., 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – 9th ward Alderman Cicely Fleming and neighbors will enjoy camaraderie and food truck fare.
- Penny Park, Lake Street and Ashland Avenue, 6:15 p.m. – 2nd Ward Alderman Peter Braithwaite and neighbors will participate in National Night Out activities followed by a Starlight Movie, “tar Wars: The Last Jedi,” at dusk.
- Brummel Park Neighbors Howard Street Walk, 5:30 p.m. – Join 8th Ward Alderman Ann Rainey at the intersection of Howard Street and Ridge Avenue. Residents will walk east to Custer Street and join with members of the Chicago Police Department and residents.
- 1504 Washington St., 6 p.m. – Neighbors are invited to a National Night Out Block Party.