It’s Sept.8, the 251th day of the year; 114 days remain in 2018. The National Weather Service reports that yesterday’s Lake Michigan temperatures were 70 at the Chicago shore, 72 at the Chicago crib and 68 at the Wilmette buoy.
Last night: Kickoff to “Save Harley Clarke.”
Ride for AIDS Chicago begins at 6 a.m. at Chandler-Newberger Center.
The Downtown Evanston Farmers’ Market opens at 7:30 a.m.
NU takes on Duke at 11 a.m. at Ryan Field.
Shakespeare’s “Richard III” shakes up audiences at 3 p.m.
ETHS Boosterpalooza, atop the Sherman Avenue garage, kicks of fun and fund-raising at 6 p.m.
This week at in construction:
The City gave this report on Robert Crown construction:
Activities Completed Last Week:
- Continued setup of construction trailers
- Completed temporary fence screening
- Repaired and re-sodded areas associated with mobilization activities
Anticipated Construction (One Week Look Ahead):
- Clear/strip site of topsoil
- Commence construction of building pad
- Begin temporary site utilities work
Traffic Control Updates: There are no changes to existing traffic patterns at this time.