Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Early voting for the November 6 Gubernatorial general election will take place from October 22 through November 5, 2018. Evanston residents are able to register and vote in Room G300 of the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center, 2100 Ridge Ave., in Evanston at the following times:
- Weekdays Oct. 22-26, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Weekdays Oct. 29-Nov. 5, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturdays, Oct. 27 and Nov. 3, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays, Oct. 28 and Nov. 4, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A government-issued photo ID is not required but is helpful if there is a question about the voter’s registration, address or signature.
Residents can register to vote at ALL early vote sites and at their election date polling location. Any voter who needs to register for the first time or file an address change or name change must present two forms of identification, one of which shows the voter’s current address. A list of acceptable forms of ID is posted at www.cityofevanston.org/government/city-clerk/voting-information.
To obtain an application to vote by mail, registered suburban Cook County voters can:
- Download and print the mail ballot application (applications are also available in Spanish, Hindi and Chinese)
- Visit the Evanston City Clerk’s Office, 2100 Ridge Avenue, to pick up an application
- Call the Cook County Clerk’s Office: 312-603-0946
- Call the Evanston City Clerk’s Office for more information: 847-448-8189
For election questions or concerns, residents should contact the Evanston City Clerk’s office at 847-448-4311.