On Dec. 8, Evanston Police will be partnering with Moms Demand Action of Evanston to give citizens an opportunity to turn in their guns for cash. They will be holding a Gun Buyback event at the Unitarian Church of Evanston located in the 1300 block of Ridge Ave. from 11:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
The following is some information about the Gun Buyback Event.
- Amnesty-based, no arrests
- Guns must be unloaded and operational
- Guns must be complete and functional
- Weapons should be transported in a case, bag, box or other supporting item or in the trunk of a vehicle
- Must have ID and be a resident of Evanston, Skokie or Northside of Chicago
- First come, first served
- $100.00 cash for payment
- If you have questions call 311
This Gun Buyback Event is an opportunity for those at risk to surrender their firearms and make a positive step towards turning away from criminal activity. It also gives citizens a way to turn in unwanted firearms so they are not at risk for being stolen or misused. The money you get from turning in that gun can be used for the holidays.