Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
The City of Evanston has announced changes to parking fees in 2019 as part of the City’s Fiscal Year 2019 Budget. Some changes will go into effect later in the year, but the following updates went into effect on Jan. 1.
• A ticket for an expired parking meter increased from $20 to $25.
• Hourly rates to park in the City’s three Self Park Garages in Downtown Evanston are as follows:
• Less than one hour remains free
• 1-2 hours remains $2
• 2-3 hours increases from $3 to $4
• 3-4 hours increases from $4 to $5
• 4-5 hours remains $5
• The fee structure to park over 5 hours was simplified. The new rate for 5-12 hours is $10 and 12-24 hours is $16.
• Monthly permits for the Sherman Plaza Self Park Garage increased from $60 to $90. Notices have already been sent to all affected permit holders. Note: Monthly permits for the 1800 Maple Self Park and Church St. Self Park Garages remains at $110.
On March 1, the cost of parking at a 2-hour parking meter will increase from $1 to $1.50 per hour. Rates for long-term meters in commuter parking lots will increase from 25 cents to 50 cents per hour and 20-minute meters will increase from 25 cents to 50 cents. In addition, payment at parking meters will be required on
Sundays from 1 to 9 p.m.
A summary of tax and fee changes for 2019 can be found at cityofevanston.org/budget/2019fees.