Prospective students interested in health careers are invited to attend a free information session beginning at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, in Room P103 of Oakton Community College’s Skokie campus, 7701 N. Lincoln Ave.
In today’s fast-changing world, careers in science and health care are in demand. Studying these dynamic fields at Oakton provides everything needed to launch a successful career.
Learn industry trends and how Oakton programs can prepare students for successful careers. Attendees can learn more about basic nurse assistant training, health information technology, medical assistant, medical laboratory technology, nursing, pharmacy technician, phlebotomy and physical therapist assistant programs at the college.
“These information sessions give students an opportunity to explore different health career programs as potential careers,” says Oakton Health Career Advisor Jennifer Crowley. “Sessions are designed to discuss the nature of health career trends, estimated salary, essential skills and Oakton’s prerequisite and application process.”
According to the United States Department of Labor, health careers are among the fastest growing fields as over 2.1 million new jobs will be added to these occupations by 2024 due to an aging population and the growing number of people who have access to health insurance.
The college will also host the following information sessions at the Des Plaines campus, 1600 E. Golf Road, in the coming weeks:
· Basic Nurse Assistant Training: 6 p.m. Thursday, March 14, Room 200, Lee Center;
· Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA): 6:30 p.m. Thursday, March 14, Room 210 Lee Center;
· Medical Laboratory Technology and Phlebotomy: noon Tuesday, March 26, Room 200, Lee Center;
· Pharmacy Technician: 4 p.m. Tuesday, March 26, Room 200 Lee Center; and
· Health Information Technology: 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, Room 200, Lee Center.
For more information, visit, or call 847-635-1835.