Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
The City of Evanston has joined with the Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters Apprentice & Training Program to increase minority, female and veteran participation in the construction workforce.
Through April 4, the program will be accepting applications for future General Construction Pre-Apprenticeship training classes.
Each candidate must present the following requirements at the Apprentice Program Office, 1256 Estes Ave., Elk Grove Village between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. , Mon. through Fri., no later than April 4:
• Letter of recommendation on a Local Union letterhead, signed by an officer;
• Proof of having attained the age of 17 (driver’s license or state I.D. card required).
• Copy of high school diploma, high school transcripts (must have official school seal–8 credits minimum), or a copy of G.E.D. certificate;
• Copy of Social Security card or a receipt showing a duplicate card has been applied for;
• A $25 “non-refundable” application processing fee (Money orders and cashier’s check only. No cash.)
• Veterans must also submit form DD214.
All requirements must be submitted at the time of filing or the candidate will not be permitted to file an application. Further details will be mailed to each applicant regarding the required pre-test session and aptitude test dates.
Questions should be directed to Assistant Coordinator Kina McAfee, Carpenter Training