The Evanston Fire and Police Departments will hold a memorial ceremony to honor the brave men and women who lost their lives 18 years ago on September 11, 2001.
The memorial service will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., on Wednesday September 11, 2019, at Firemen’s Park, located at the corner of Simpson St. and Maple Ave., in Evanston.
The ceremony’s program will include:
- Gathering of Membership and EFD & EPD Honor Guard
- Posting of Colors, EFD & EPD Honor Guard
- Introductions – Brian R. Scott, Fire Chief, EFD
- Invocation & Reflection – EFD & EPD Chaplins
- Honorable Laura Fine, 9th District State Senator
- Honorable Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz, 17th District State Representative
- Honorable Robyn Gabel, 18th District State Representative
- Honorable Steve Hagerty, Mayor, City of Evanston
- Mark Shore, 9/11 Survivor, South Tower
- Words of Reflection by Evanston’s Fire and Police Chiefs
- Bell Ceremony – EFD & EPD Honor Guard
For more information, contact Deputy Chief Paul Polep at email@example.com