The Evanston Police Department announced temporary service reductions due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
In an effort to practice social distancing and reduce the spread of the virus, the station lobby door has been locked and a phone and intercom is in place for communication.
Because the safety of the community is the Department’s priority, officers will continue to respond to emergency calls for service, and will be out on the streets of Evanston actively patrolling.
Until further notice, however, the Evanston Police Department will NOT provide any of the following services:
- Citizen Police Academy meetings or classes.
- Police ride-alongs and station tours.
- Walk-in requests for police records and reports (Via email only, email@example.com must include photo ID).
- Walk in desk reports (phone-ins only; 847-866-5000).
- Public fingerprinting services not associated with an arrest.
- Public presentations, ward or community meetings.
- Child car seat installation/inspections.
- Crime prevention security surveys.
- Medication disposal for the public.
- Bicycle registration.
- Property pick-up by appointment only; 847-866-5029.