Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
The City of Evanston’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department has announced that Evanston beaches, currently open for sand activities, are scheduled to open for swimming beginning on Wednesday, July 1. A daily pass or season token must be presented for beach admission.
Beach Tokens will be available for purchase beginning Monday, June 8 online at cityofevanston.org/beachtokens
- Dempster Street Beach Office, 1251 Lake Shore Blvd., daily, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd., Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Beginning Monday, June 15, beach tokens will also be available for purchase in person at the following locations:
- Robert Crown Community Center and Library, 1801 Main St., Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center, 1655 Foster St., Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Beach tokens purchased online can be picked up beginning Monday, June 15, at the following locations:
- Dempster Street Beach Office
- Evanston Ecology Center
- Robert Crown Community Center and Library Branch
- Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center
Season beach tokens will cost $28 per resident and $44 per non-resident between June 8 and July 31 and $18 per resident and $30 per non-resident between August 1 and September 7.
Daily admission prices will remain $8 per adult and $6 per child (ages 1 through 11). Children under the age of one may enter beaches for free. Daily admission tickets, which will allow entrance to Evanston’s swimming beaches, will only be sold at the Dempster Street Beach Office and Clark Street Beach Office, 1811 Sheridan Rd. Patrons will not be able to buy them at the entrances to the other beaches.
Free beach days for Evanston residents will take place on Mondays at Clark Street Beach from July 6 to August 31.
For more information about Evanston beaches, please visit cityofevanston.org/beaches or call/text 847-448-4311. For convenience, residents in Evanston may simply dial 3-1-1.