On July 14, Evanston Public Library will move from its current service Level 1 to Service Level 2. This move is prompted by the State of Illinois’ move to Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan. The elements of Service Level 2 will occur in a slow and steady rollout, prioritizing above all the health and safety of both the Evanston community and Library staff.
In the early implementation of Service Level 2, patrons can expect:
- Access to technology at the Main Library with computers, printing, and internet access, for one 45-minute session per day, beginning July 14. Up to 10 patrons at a time may use this service on a first come, first serve basis. Printing will be free-of-charge and limited to 10 pages per person per day. (Larger quantities at 20¢ per page). Staff can provide limited assistance; the use of computers is mostly self-service.
- Masks, physical distancing, and temperature-taking will be required to enter and use the Main Library; masks will be provided to those without them. Computer stations, tables and chairs will be disinfected between each use. Hand sanitizer will be provided. Service hours for technology access are: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 10 am to 3 pm; Wednesday: 3 pm to 8 pm. The use of computers/printing will take place in the first floor Community Meeting Room.
- Contact-free curbside pickup of materials will continue by appointment. Get more details.
- Book drops are open to accept returns at the Main Library, Monday through Thursday from 7 AM to 4 PM.
Library in the Parks
Library staff will visit Evanston parks weather permitting, and practicing social distancing while giving out activity bags with a free book and craft materials, as well as free beach passes for teens in grades 6 through 12.
The parks schedule is: 11:30 am to 1 pm
- Robert Crown, Mondays, through August 10
- Fleetwood-Jourdain, Tuesdays, through August 11
- Mason Park, Wednesdays, through August 12
- Kamen Park, Thursdays, through August 13