Evanston news delivered free to your inbox!
The Evanston Public Library is bringing a new season of art, music, movement and more with the Memory Café, this year conducted virtually on Zoom. Memory Cafe programming offers enrichment activities for people living with dementia or other memory changes and their care partners. The events are social, fun, and offer engaging opportunities that are stimulating and interesting, while providing an important social outlet in a time of potential isolation. The Memory Cafe will take place every Thursday from 11 am to 12 pm, beginning September 3.
- 1st Thursday of the month: Music (9/3, 10/1, 11/5, 12/3)
- 2nd Thursday of the month: Movement (9/10, 10/8, 11/12, 12/10)
- 3rd Thursday of the month: Show and Tell: Bring an Object or Picture to Share (9/17, 10/15, 11/19, 12/17)
- 4th Thursday of the month: Art (9/24, 10/22)
- 5th Thursday of the month: Learn about Dementia Resource Kits
People with dementia or other memory changes and their care partners are important stakeholders in the Evanston community. The virtual gatherings offer them a dedicated program to broaden their opportunities for entertainment and education.
Partners for the Memory Cafe are Argentium, CJE Senior Life, the Levy Center of the City of Evanston, the Chicago Center for Cognitive Wellness, and Renewal Care Partners in this endeavor. Funding for this program is provided in part by Age Options.
For questions, registration, or more information please email email@example.com or call the Library at 847-448-8630.