As part of continued efforts to provide residents with opportunities for safe outdoor recreation during the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Evanston’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department has extended its 2020 Starlight Movies in the Park series into the fall.
The free outdoor movie series will continue with six additional outdoor movies on select Saturdays during the months of September, October and November at park locations throughout Evanston.
All attendees must follow these guidelines:
- Maintain a six-foot distance from those outside of the household at all times;
- Wear a face covering if over 2 years of age’.
- Bring own blankets and chairs and pack them up and take them home afterward.
All movies begin at dusk. Movies will be canceled in the event of inclement weather.
Fall 2020 Starlight Movies in the Park Schedule
- Saturday, September 12, 7:30 p.m., James Park, Dodge Avenue and Mulford Street, “A Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood”
- Saturday, September 26, 7:10 p.m., Dawes Park, Sheridan Road and Church Street, “Yesterday”
- Saturday, October 10, 6:45 p.m., Larimer Park, Crain Street and Oak Avenue, “Ghostbusters” (1984)
- Saturday, October 24, 6:30 p.m., Leahy Park, Lincoln Street and Ridge Avenue, “Hocus Pocus”
- Saturday, November 7, 5 p.m., Twiggs Park, Simpson Street and Dodge Avenue, “Moana”
- Saturday, November 21, 5 p.m., Baker Park, Keeney Street and Forest Avenue, “Elf”
More information is available at cityofevanston.org/starlight or 847-448-4311.