Getting your Evanston news from Facebook? Try the Evanston RoundTable’s free daily and weekend email newsletters – sign up now!
Subscribe to the newsletter!
Autobarn Evanston and The Davis Theater are hosting their second family-friendly drive-in movie and dinner event at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 9 to benefit the The Rotary Club of Evanston and the Rotary Club of Evanston Lighthouse. There will be a drive-in screening of Steven Spielberg’s “Raiders of the Lost Ark” and a to-go dinner, beer and dessert from Smylie Brother’s Brewing Co.
Thanks to the generosity of Autobarn Evanston, proceeds of this event will benefit the Rotary Clubs of Evanston to distribute to local nonprofits that have not been able to fundraise through events and campaigns due to the pandemic.
Each $40 ticket is good for one vehicle with up to six people, and there is an option to add on food and beer from Smylie Brothers; they will be packaged together for pick-up at check-in. Click here to purchase tickets and dinner.
- Arrive between 6:30 and 7:15 p.m. to ensure a parking spot. First-come, first served for parking spot. Gates close at 7:15 p.m.; movie starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Enter from Howard Street to check in and pick up your meal if ordered. Take the access road on the west end of the shopping plaza closest to Jewel and go toward Vineyard Church. Go right before the church and continue to the Autobarn Service Center (3147 Howard St.) Look for the signs.
- Maximum capacity is 60 vehicles. There will be 8 to 12 feet between vehicles.
- Attendees must stay within the confines of their vehicle as much as possible. For example, attendees may sit in the bed of their truck or back of a van or get out of the car to sit on chairs in front of the vehicle as long as it is within the allocated space and is at least 6 feet from other vehicles.
- Bathrooms available inside Autobarn Service Center. Masks are required; please abide by current health guideline of practicing at least six feet social distancing when outside of your vehicle.
This drive-in movie fundraiser is organized by Evanston Loves Rotary, an independent, community-driven initiative created by Evanston Loves… ready to bridge the knowledge gap about Rotary International in our town and activate Evanstonians to support local Rotary clubs’ critical work during this time of COVID19 and beyond. Sponsors of the event include Byline Bank, Autobarn Evanston and Downtown Evanston.
For additional information about the event, please contact Annie Coakley at firstname.lastname@example.org.