Mayor Stephen Hagerty has announced what he sees as major issues facing the next City Council:
- to rebuild the local economy post-pandemic – to obtain and properly invest any federal and State funding received to help the City, its businesses, and its families get back on their feet;
- to manage the City budget, infrastructure, and cash reserves wisely;
- to retain Evanston’s diversity by ensuring it remains affordable;
- to implement the climate action and resiliency measures in the CARP;
- to improve but not defund the police; and
- to better support the growing mental health needs of residents in our community.
The general election will be held in April, and new Council members will be sworn in in May.