Evanston news delivered free to your inbox!
The two Evanston/Skokie School Boards each have an open position for which they are now taking applications.
The vacancy on the District 202 School (Evanston Township High School) Board was the result of too few candidates in the April 6 general election. Four positions were open but only three candidates, all incumbents, filed for the position.
The post-election resignation of Rebeca Mendoza created the vacancy at District 65.
Applications and other information are available on the website of each district: District65.net and eths.k12.il.us
District 202 Board Vacancy
Application information about vacancy on the District 202 Board describes ETHS’s commitment to equity and excellence for all students.
Minimal qualifications for the candidate are that she or he be a United States citizen at least 18 years old, a registered voter and a resident of Illinois and the District for at least one year immediately preceding the appointment. In addition, no candidate may be a child sex offender, hold another incompatible public office, have a prohibited interest in any contract with the District, be a school trustee, or hold certain types of prohibited State or federal employment.
Applicants should show familiarity with the Board’s policies regarding general duties and responsibilities of a Board and a Board member, including fiduciary responsibilities, conflict of interest, ethics, and gift ban.
Questions on the application relate to the applicant’s interest in serving on the Board, experience and involvement with ETHS, community involvement, volunteer work, educational background, and employment history.
By June 1, interested parties must complete the online application and also send a cover letter and a resume to Board President Pat Savage-Williams via email at email@example.com
District 65 Board Vacancy
To be eligible to serve on the District 65 Board, a candidate must be a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age, a registered voter, and resident of the State of Illinois and the Evanston/Skokie School District 65 for at least one year.
Members of the board are required to attend board meetings and assigned committees.
Candidates should be aware of financial conflict of interest prohibition and exceptions set forth in State law. The name and photo associated with the applicant’s Google account will be recorded when files are uploaded and the form is submitted.
The application asks for a maximum of two-paragraphs in answer to each of the following questions:
- Why do you want to serve as a member of the District 65 School Board?
- What skills/experiences do you have that will enable you to serve effectively as a School Board member?
- How can you help amplify a marginalized perspective on issues that are considered by the Board?
- What issues do you think are most important for District 65 to address in the coming years?
- Describe how you view the role of the Board as it relates to the relationship with the superintendent and with the community.
- If you could change one thing in District 65 immediately upon joining the Board, what would you want to see changed?
- How will your appointment support the Superintendent’s vision and leadership of the District?
- If you are selected, your appointed term will end in April 2023. Do you intend to run for the School Board in 2023?
Completed applications and resumes must be submitted by 4 p.m. on May 21 to the attention of Adeela Qureshi at 1500 McDaniel Avenue, Evanston, IL 60201 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews for the position will be scheduled during the weeks of May 31 and June 7. Questions and requests for additional information should go to Adeela Qureshi at (847) 859-8111 or email@example.com.