Each spring the Justin Wynn Fund honors two fourth grade students from each of District 65’s 12 schools. These 24 students are selected by their teachers and administrators for demonstrating outstanding leadership, citizenship, and sportsmanship.
Mayor Daniel Biss, Dr. Eric Witherspoon, Superintendent of District 202 Evanston Township High School, and Dr. Andalib Khelghati, Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Schools at District 65, along with educators and administrators from the schools, attended the Justin Wynn Fund 34th Annual Awards Ceremony, held virtually on May 16.
The awardees and their schools are listed below:
- Dr. Bessie Rhodes School of Global Studies: King Ashton McKinney and Genesis Webster
- Dawes Elementary: Cynthia Bahanuzi and Matthew Ruppert
- Dewey Elementary: Lakshmi Hoff-Sharma and Leonidas Patton
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Literary and Fine Arts School: Temiloluwa Babalola and Evan Taylor
- Kingsley Elementary: Eliana Dodson and Makiyah Thompson-Jones
- Lincoln Elementary: Djamal Abdelnassir and Tebyan Ahmed
- Lincolnwood Elementary: Jake Likhite and Melanie Quire
- Oakton Elementary: D’Aundre Ferguson and Gabrielle Spralls
- Orrington Elementary: Henry Gieraltowski and Sage Wolcott
- Walker Elementary: Grace Elliott and Aiden Schroeder
- Washington Elementary: Leopold McKenzie and Amalia Rogers
- Willard Elementary: Simon Cegys and Ana Carolina Quinones