Central Street Evanston is hosting “Around the World on Central Street,” a fun, family-friendly event to explore products, food and drink, and entertainment from across the world, right on Central Street.
From June 18 to 27, pick up a Central Street Passport at any participating business (view list here) to guide you on your travels. When you visit a business, remember to have your passport stamped. When you collect at least 10 stamps, turn in the passport to any participating business to enter a raffle to win one of three $150 Evanston Gift Card. The more stamps you collect, the more chances you’ll have to win a gift card. If you collect 20 stamps you qualify for two raffles and if you collect 30 stamps you’ll be entered into all three raffles. Passports must be turned in by June 27 at 5pm.
Bring friends and family to Independence Park, located at Central Street and Stewart Avenue, to enjoy music, dancing and arts activities. Events are free; no registration required.
Saturday, June 19
- 2 to 3 p.m. Experience Brazilian Samba by Chicago Samba featuring 4 musicians and 2 dancers who will encourage you to learn the samba.
- 2 to 4:30 p.m. Get a bang trim at Aim & Ailie’s Pop-Up tent benefitting the Juneteenth Parade and Celebration.
Friday, June 25
- 12 to 1 p.m. Transport yourself to France with music featuring Petra Van Nuis accompanied by accordionist Don Stille.
Saturday, June 26
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Get a bang trim at Aim & Ailie’s Pop-Up tent benefitting Evanston Pride.
- 12 to 2 p.m. Grab lunch and head to the park to create Native American arts & crafts hosted by the Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. Listen and dance along to the spoken word, drumming and dancing of a traditional Pow Wow performance.
Throughout their travels, visitors are encouraged to share their experiences with Central Street Evanston on Facebook and Instagram using #centralstreetevanston and #aroundtheworldoncentralstreet