The City of Evanston is in the process of creating a Youth Advisory Committee. “We are hoping this Committee will bring important new perspectives to the work of the City,” a City email said, adding that the panel “will become a critical youth voice to City leadership.”
The email said possible committee goals may include:
- To create new community resources or programs to benefit youth.
- To initiate education campaigns on issues important to youth.
- To encourage other young people to participate in local civic and political activities.
- To serve as an advisory committee on youth affairs to local government.
The City is seeking young people who:
- Are ages 14 to 24.
- Are current Evanston residents.
- Have strong community connections.
- Are passionate about issues that affect youth.
- Want to collaborate with City leaders to affect the community overall.
- Are able to commit to one committee meeting per month, plus any additional time for committee projects.
- May have had diverse adversities or life experiences.
Apply at cityofevanston.org/YACapp. Completed applications and reference forms must be submitted no later than Oct. 22. (Form must be completed by youth applicant.)
If selected, Youth Advisory Committee members will serve up to two years and must commit to attending monthly meetings.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Source: City of Evanston